Pop Up Slider with Tutorial

Before I start what promises to be a Looooooong post, let me remind you to check out yesterday's blog candy post and leave me a message to be entered. Winner will be chosen randomly this Sunday!

 

Okay....many of you wanted more tutorials, so ladies: lets get started! Today I'd like to share a Pop Up Slider Card.










Before you begin take a moment to prepare your supplies, you will need the following:
 


(2) 4.25 by 5.5 inch pieces of cardstock, one for the front and one for the back (I used So Saffron for my card front and Whisper White for the card back)

A 3 by 4.25" piece of cardstock for your slider, I used Bermuda Bay

Cardstock for your main image, I used 2 by 2.5" Whisper White and 2.25 by 2.75 Bermuda Bay

A thin strip of regular typing paper, about a half inch wide and 8 inches long

Scissors

Paper cutter

Bone folder

Craft knife

Ruler

Adhesive

Hole Punch

Circle Punch (I used 1 3/8")

Ribbon

Stamps, Ink, and any other embellishments you'd like to decorate with

Okay, here we go! First thing, stamp or decorate your front piece of cardstock. I stamped an image from Pocket Silouhettes in Crushed Curry on my So Saffron cardstock to give a tone on tone look.
 



Then, using your ruler and craft knife, you're going to measure in 3/4" from each side and cut your cardstock starting and stopping with a 3/4" border. I other words, measure in 3/4" and cut from the 3/4" mark to the 4 3/4" mark. Repeat at the 3.5 inch mark. Then, on the BOTTOM of your cardstock, connect the two cuts to you have cut a flap on your cardstock opening at the bottom.
 

Next, turn your card on its side with the cut end of the flap to your left and score from cut to cut at the 1.5" mark, 3" mark, and 4 3/4" mark.
 


 Okay, the hardest part (at least for me to clearly explain!) is over...its all downhill from here! The next step is to take your front and back pieces, line them up and punch about a quarter to a third way up with your circle punch to allow for your pull tab to be seen.
 See how it's all coming together?

 Then take your strip of copy paper and loosely loop it around your tab and tape it.
Remove the loop and adhere it to the BACK of your front piece of cardstock just under your circle punch and above your flap. (Make sure its the BACK of the front peice of cardstock....mine shows the stamped design because the first time I cut my flap I accidentally cut it at the top instead of the bottom so had to decorate the other side in the right position!)
 
Using your Stampin' Up Corner Rounder Punch round the top corners of your slider piece. You can also use scissors to create a tab.
  Fold your flap along the score lines.
 
Insert your slider through the loop you made and slide it all the way down so the top is level with the front and back pieces. Use Snail or Sticky Strip to glue the end of your flap to the bottom of the Slider. Then, using Sticky Strip or your Snail, adhere your front and back cardstock peices together. (Do not use any adhesive along the top of your card as this is where the slider will be.)
 Punch a hole in the top center of your Slider.
 
Create your main image. I used Pocket Silhouettes in Bermuda Bay.
 
Adhere your main image to your flap, positioning it just above the first fold. Only the bottom half of your stamped image will be adhered. When the flap is folded, you want the top to stick up. Then you can stamp or write on the inside of the card. I used a sentiment from Herb Expressions for my "Thanks" sentiment on the front of the card and the sentiment on the inside. (Hint: I inked up just the Thanks portion and used scotch tape over the rest to isolate part of the sentiment. You could also color just the portion you wanted with your Stampin' Write marker.)Tie your ribbon to the top of your slider and pat yourself on the back-you did it!




That's it! You're all finished! Here is your card!


 
 

7 comments:

Jamie A.R. Albanese said...

sooo cute - have you considered doing a video version? I've been doing so on my blog and it's getting a good comments... I did it w/ my lil cannon camera and then uploaded it to Youtube and then linked it to my site (trying to get my site as cute as yours... sigh - super cute blog)I do love video tutorials... cute card - will demo soon...
Jamie A.R. Albanese
http://gettincraftystampinwjamie.blogspot.com

Wendy Hawkinson said...

Great tutorial and cute card! I have only made one of these cards--maybe I will use your tutorial and make another one. :)
TFS!

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Thanks so much for the post. It is so easy to follow.

thestampinglady said...

Thank you--I can't wait to give this one a try. Your instructions look very precise and that is what I need. I really like your sample.

Anonymous said...

Really cute card...pop up Thanks for sharing both the card and tutorial. Great instructions and will be trying this myself
Brenda Van Middelkoop

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card:)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Melissa, this is a great tutorial, thanks for sharing it. I have never made one of these cards now I just have to. Too cute.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!