An easy card with tutorial

On of my favorite customers Lisa is new to stamping (and far away!) and asked me to make her a tutorial for how to put together a card that is simple to assemble but still looks great!

 


This card was made with the Bugs and Kisses set, which is quickly becoming one of my favorites! My card base is Whisper White, followed by a layer of Dusty Durango, then a patterned layer I made by stamping my little buggies on Whisper White cardstock with Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin Pie. (I think these colors go together beautifully!) I then added a little Dusty Durango Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon and punched out a quick sentiment framed by a scallop circle and my easy-peasy card was ready to go!

 


(Hint: Ninety-nine percent of the time I use Stampin' Dimensionals to "pop" my punches and sentiments up from the card layers...this is a very easy way to add some pizazz to your card!)


Here is the YouTube video with an easy tutorial for beginning stampers on how I created this card:



Don't forget to enter for my blog candy by leaving a comment on yesterday's post, the winner will be drawn Sunday!

Here's what I used:

Stamps

Bugs and Kisses 116580

Ink
Old Olive 102277
Dusty Durango 115654
Crushed Curry 115659
Pumpkin Pie 105216

Paper
Whisper White 100730
Dusty Durango 115321

Etc
Scallop Circle Punch 109043
1 3/8" Circle Punch 104401
Dusty Durango Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon 115609
Stampin' Dimensionals 104430

1 comments:

Julie A. said...

ooh! I love this one, too! Red is my favorite color:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!