Damask Christmas

I love this flocked Damask paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Desinger Series Paper in the Holiday Mini catalog! I loved it so much that I could barely use it at first because I felt like I couldn't find the right combination of colors to compliment it and show of the gorgeous texture of the paper. I finally realized it looks best to me when combined simply with Whiper White, Basic Black, and Real Red as it is here in this Christmas Card and Pillow Box Gift set.



For my card I simply layered Basic Blac and the flocked paper on a Whiper White card base. My sentiment from Many Merry Messages was stamped in Jet Black Stazon on Whiper White cardstock and layered on Basic Black. A 5/8" wide Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon finishes off this bold and elegant card! A matching pillow box is the perfect container for a small gift to accompany the card.

We also used this flocked paper to make cards for Veterans at the Eisenhower VA Center yesterday for the charity Still Someone. Look at these amazing cards the volunteers came up with:


Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and those who donate supplies to Still Someone, we were able to make 147 cards yesterday for the veterans! Way to go guys!

2 comments:

Lisa Freeman said...

wow! THat is amazing! You are doing such a fabulous job with that.

Margaret Moody said...

I love your Damask Christmas card, Melissa! The flocked red and white paper looks wonderful paired with the black! So simple, so elegant, so pretty! Love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!