You can't go wrong with a Peacock!

You really can't go wrong for a simple and elegant card when you use the Peacock image from the Stampin' Up! Very Thankful set. This set is located on the very last page of the catalog and for every purchase of the set, money is donated to the Ronald McDonald House to help sick children and their families. So, when you buy this set, not only do you gain a gorgeous set of four thank you sentiments (and who doesn't need those?) but you're helping a great cause!


This thank you card was sent to a very generous demonstrator from South Carolina, Jean Warren, who recently donated over 75 cards to Still Someone, the charity I work with. Jean's cards will be delivered to the Eisenhower Veterans Administration Hospital next month!

I wanted to make a Jean a special card to show my utmost appreciation for her donation, so I started with a Whisper White card base and layered Basic Black and textured Bermuda Bay cardstock on it. I then layered Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon over Basic Black 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon to wrap around my textured cardstock, I love the way that turned out! My peacock was stamped in Jet Black Stazon (for a crisp image I prefer Stazon over Basic Black) and then layered on a mat of Basic Black.

I love the color scheme of this card, its simple but bold.

What I used:

Stamps
Very Thankful p.209 Idea Book and Catalog (IBC) 115338

Ink
Jet Black Stazon p.190 IBC 101406

Paper
Whisper White p.155 IBC 100730
Textured Bermuda Bay (assorted pack) p. 155 IBC 115719
Basic Black p.155 IBC 102851

Etc
Basic Black 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon p.183 IBC 115605
Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon p.182 IBC 115610
SNAIL Adhesive p.192 IBC 104332

I tried something new today with listing the materials, catalog numbers and page numbers of the items I used. I would love your feedback on this-if you find it helpful or worthwhile I will continue to do this at the end of my posts, however if it really doesn't interest you please let me know as it is a bit time consuming! Please leave feedback!!

Oh, and I have to tell you all that I had a little sneak peak at Stampin' Up's offerings for the New Year and you will be blown away, I'll be sharing some sneak peaks starting in December!

2 comments:

Lisa Freeman said...

Melissa,
I love how you list the item numbers and page numbers...that is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That's a Beautiful looking card!!! I love black accents with shades of blues!

thanks!
Carol
www.kooglenotes.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!